When we use the ozone machine, what we use is its oxidizing and disinfecting effect. Strong oxidation is used to oxidize the organic matter in the tank into inorganic matter, and organic particles into inorganic particles. Disinfection is used to sterilize, kill viruses, kill white spot insects, molds, and spores in the planktonic stage. It can also bleach, deodorize and decolor. The benefits of using an ozone machine are as follows:
1. Make the water transparent and beautiful in color;
2. Manipulate nutrients;
3. Make fish less sick, and provide auxiliary treatment for virus infection, bacterial infection, and white spot parasite infection;
1. The disadvantages of using ozone, which many people worry about, generally pose no threat:
1. Ozone dissolves in water and decays by itself. The half-life in pure water is very long, slightly shorter in tap water and shorter in sea water. Therefore, it is very difficult for the entire tank to reach the concentration that can kill bacteria. This requires a lot of ozone injection in a short period of time, but for ordinary household ozone generators, the amount of ozone generated within a few minutes is only a few milligrams, which is pitiful. Moreover, the ozone generator is directly connected to the egg skimmer, which can only kill the bacteria in the egg skimmer, but not enough to kill the bacteria in the live rock.
2. Ozone will slightly corrode the skimmer. It depends on whether you want to maintain the skimmer or the environment in the tank. Ozone is definitely not available throughout the day. After the water quality is good, the frequency of use will be reduced to every 2 to 3 days. It’s okay to pass for about an hour.
3. If family members feel uncomfortable with the smell of ozone, it is not advisable to use it. Pay attention to the ventilation. It should not affect the human body. However, after all, it is still not smelled and no leakage is good. So pay attention to your ozone machine and check it. Place activated carbon adsorption next to it.
2. How to use the ozone machine:
From the perspective of ozone's oxidizing ability, if it is directly connected to the aquarium or filter tank and the amount is excessive, it is all over. The fins of the light fish are oxidized, and the nitrifying bacteria in the filter tank are reduced; Collapsed. The correct method is to use the ozone machine and the protein skimmer together, and connect the ozone output port to the air inlet of the protein skimmer.
Ozone can combine with dirt in the skimmer and be discharged out of the tank or escape into the air. Activated carbon should be placed at the water outlet of the protein skimmer to absorb the residual ozone, which greatly reduces its risk.
3. The dosage should be less and more quickly:
10 mg of ozone corresponds to 100 liters of water, which is used for about 60 minutes a day, 30 mg of ozone corresponds to 300 liters of water, which is used for about 60 minutes a day, and so on. If you can smell ozone while standing near the fish tank, it means that the drive is too large and you need to reduce the output or shorten the time. Generally, open the lid of the protein skimmer collection cup and you can smell a faint smell of ozone (ozone taste refers to the nasal smell similar to the smell of grass, which can be used to distinguish ozone leaking in the air).
- How to use small ozone generators in medical treatment
- Which points should be considered when choosing a large ozone generator?
- How good is the sterilization effect of the small ozone generator?
- Mobile ozone generator manufacturers introduce you to the three major categories of ozone generators
- Do you know the environmental requirements of ozone generators at work?
- Take you to know the 5 classifications of ozone generators during high-voltage discharge
- How to correctly understand the "air disinfection" of mobile ozone generators
- Talking about the application of large-scale ozone generator in medical and industrial wastewater
- Brief v. Large ozone generators are favored in the food industry
- Talking about the importance of car disinfection machine in our lives
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of the disinfection method of the car disinfection machine?
- What factors will affect the disinfection effect of the small ozone disinfection machine?
- What are the practical uses of household ozone generators?
- What are the functions of the large ozone generator for food preservation?
- What is the use effect of the small ozone disinfection machine in breeding?
- What are the advantages of household ozone generators?
- What are the requirements for the water treatment ozone generator process?
- High-voltage discharge type small ozone generator
- Ozone generator manufacturers tell you whether ozone is harmful to people
- Types of high-voltage discharge ozone generator